§ 2507. Modification by circumstances.
Wills shall be modified upon the occurrence of any of the following circumstances, among others:
(2) Divorce or Pending Divorce. If the testator is divorced from the bonds of matrimony after making a will, any provision in the will in favor of or relating to his spouse so divorced shall thereby become ineffective for all purposes unless it appears from the will that the provision was intended to survive the divorce.
(Amended By 2010 Act 85 To Read As Follows Effective December 27, 2010).
(2) Divorce or Pending Divorce. Any provision in a testator’s will in favor of or relation to the testator’s spouse shall become ineffective for all purposes unless it appears from the will that the provision was intended to survive a divorce, if the testator;
(i) is divorced from such spouse after making the will; or
(ii) dies domiciled in this Commonwealth during the course of divorce proceedings, no decree of divorce has been entered pursuant to 23 Pa.C.S. § 3323 (relating to decree of court) and grounds have been established as provided in 23 Pa.C.S. § 3323(g).
(3) Marriage. If the testator marries after making a will, the surviving spouse shall receive the share of the estate to which he would have been entitled had the testator died intestate, unless the will shall give him a greater share or unless it appears from the will that the will was made in contemplation of marriage to the surviving spouse.
(4) Birth or adoption. If the testator fails to provide in his will for his child born or adopted after making his will, unless it appears from the will that the failure was intentional, such child shall receive out of the testator’s property not passing to a surviving spouse, such share as he would have received if the testator had died unmarried and intestate owning only that portion of his estate not passing to a surviving spouse.
(5) Slaying. Any person who participates either as a principal or as an accessory before the fact in the willful and unlawful killing of any person shall not in any way acquire property or receive any benefits as the result of the willful and unlawful killing but such property or benefits shall be distributed as provided by Chapter 88 (relating to slayers).
20 Pa. Cons. Stat. § 2507